- Day 01: Arrive in Leh
- Arrive in Leh by morning flight. Transfer from Airport to Hotel. Rest day for acclimatization.
- Day 02: Leh local sightseeing
- After breakfast visit the Hall of Fame – War Memorial. Proceed to Thiksey Monastery. Afternoon free for rest or market. Visit the Shanti Stupa in the evening to
enjoy a splendid view of the setting Sun.
- Day 03: Leh to Chilling to Skyu/Kaya (10168ft) - (Walking distance 4-5 hours)
Chilling is 60kms from Leh. We drive to Chilling where we start our trek. At Chilling, if time permits we will visit the Copper Work Museum, which reflects the
quality of the craftsmen and shows how this age old tradition has remained so intact. We cross Zanskar River and start our walk towards Skyu.
Skyu Lungdo: Ruins of early settlement can be seen. You will see the Skyu Monastery on a ridge. After the monastery you can also see the holy juniper trees.
The settlement on the far left is Kaya.
- Day 04: Skyu/Kaya to Markha (12500ft) - (Walking distance 6-7 hours)
Skyu – Pentse – Hamurja – Chalak - Lato Marpo (This is the place for the protector deity of Markha) - Thinlapa - Markha.
- Day 05: Markha to Hangkar (Markha-Thochuntse) - (Walking distance 4-5 hours)
Today you have to cross the Markha stream six times. You will see the Stecha Monastery up on a cliff along the way - Umlung Yokma - Umlung Gongma - Hangkar Yokma - Hangkar
Gongma. Towards the right you can see the ruins of Hangkar castle.
- Day 06: Hangkar to Nimaling (Thochuntse-Nimaling 15500ft) - (Walking distance 5-6 hours)
Hangkar – Thachungtse – Tsigu (the highest point today – view of the Kang-Yatse Peak) - Nimaling.
- Day 07: Nimaling to Chogdo (Nimaling-KongmaruLa 17000ft -Sumdo)
Nimaling is the base of Kongmaru Pass (5200 m), so today as soon as you start you ascend towards Kongmaru La. Leaving the stream on the top of Kongmaru Pass and
descend for one hour and you’ll find yourself
walking through a gorge. Continue for 2 hours and you’ll reach Chhu Skyurmo. After walking for half an hour from Chhu Skyurmo you will reach Chogdo.
- Day 08: Chogdo to Leh (Sumdo-Hemis - reach Leh late morning/noon) - (Walking distance 2 hours + One and half hour drive)
Chogdo - Shang-sumdho. Shang-sumdho is well connected with motor-able road. From Shang-sumdho to Leh the drive is about one and half hours. On the way back visit the
largest and richest monastery in Ladakh, Hemis Monastery.
- Day 09: Airport transfer for return flight.